May 25, 20217 Essential Truck Driver Safety Tips to Minimize Risks
Truck drivers’ safety on the road isn’t just essential for their health and well-being, as their safety directly has a huge impact on other motorists on the road.
In addition to that, both driving quality and safety are closely tied to reputation of the company and the highest possible quality of delivering the load.
You may well know all these things, but it’s always nice to be reminded every now and then.
Here are seven safety tips for driving:
- Develop preventative maintenance schedules
- Ensure comprehensive pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Coach drivers to avoid distractions
- Have tools in place to respond to changes in road conditions
- Watch over your fleet with real-time GPS tracking
- Encourage proper rest and breaks
- Build out coaching and rewards programs with dash cams