May 20, 20218 Incredible Facts That Make Trucking Industry So Cool
Trucking is so dynamic, complex and interesting industry. We have compiled a list of 8 interesting facts to help you understand this industry better:
- Truck drivers are three times less likely to be involved in a traffic accident compared to car drivers.
- Truckers who drive 65 miles per hour use 27 percent less fuel than when they drive 75 miles per hour.
- The trucking industry directly and indirectly employs more than 8 million people in the U.S.
- Most over-the-road truckers average 100,000 to 110,000 miles a year on the road. That’s equal to traveling around earth nearly four times!
- Trucks are the main mode of transportation in the U.S. They move thousands of tons of freight each year.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s SmartWay program raises awareness about the need to improve transportation sustainability. It has helped achieve significant emissions reductions from freight transportation.
- Truck engines are designed to travel 1 million miles before retirement. Cars engines are typically designed to run for 200,000 miles.
- More than $1 out of every $10 produced in the U.S. GDP is related to transportation activity, including trucking.