February 11, 2022We Are Hiring – Safety Manager
($60000 – $80000)
The Safety Manager is responsible for, but not limited to managing the Safety compliance process, requirements, audits, follow up, and records to ensure Armada Trucking Group maintains compliance with regulatory standards mainly for DOT and FMCSA, but also including OSHA and Workers’ Compensation regulations. Ideal candidate will have experience managing a DOT Fleet Safety Program independently. As a Safety manager, you work closely with the Dispatch and HR staff to facilitate these actions.
• Conduct orientation class for new hires and performs road tests evaluations;
• Proactively communicate weather conditions to all drivers under dispatch to include rerouting and protective measures in coordination with dispatch team;
• Overseas monthly safety training and in cab video event assessments;
• Manage driver training and may conduct driver training, recommend retraining and discipline as required.
• Creating accident reports to reduce number and severity of accidents, maintain complete safety files (example is accident report, worker compensation injury reports).
• Conducts safety meetings with company drivers, evaluate safety performance, identify corrective actions and implement follow up assessments
• Plans, implements and conducts preventative care, safety and compliance training programs;
• Manages compliance process, audits and follow up for all DOT, FMCSA, OSHA and Workers’ Compensation requirements.
• Maintains and files company DOT vehicle requirements- i.e., hours of service, driver logs, Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
• Maintain current files from accident register.
• Compiling data and providing responses to state, federal and/or regulatory agency complaints and inquiries, including DOT, FMCSA, OSHA and WC investigations.
• Works closely with our vendors to ensure all DOT regulated vehicles and drivers maintain compliance.
• Responsible for safety department recordkeeping including audit findings, training documents, driving coaching’s, inspection documents, state and federal reporting documents and workers’ compensation files.
• Coordinates post-accident, incident medical treatment and, or drug and alcohol testing.
• Submits and monitors status of workers’ comp claims; provides updates to Human Resources and Dispatch as necessary.
• Monitors and communicates return to work status to HR after medical treatment.
• Periodically observes / audit the pre-trip inspections performed by DOT drivers.
• Must be available after hours for driver interaction if needed;
• Performs other duties as assigned by Dispatch and HR Managers.
• Bachelor’s degree in law or business administration preferred
• Minimum of 1 year of experience managing transportation safety with DOT, FMCSA, OSHA and Workers’ Compensation regulations.
• Excellent MS Excel knowledge required.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Service oriented with excellent computer and organizational skills.
• Ability to speak effectively with general management, customers, vendors, visitors, or employees of organization.
• Bi-lingual preferred
• Truck driving experience preferred
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org