January 27, 202210 Safety Tips for Driving in Fog
These suggestions can be helpful to every truck driver facing dense fog while driving.
The best advice for driving in fog is: Do Not. It is recommended to pull off the road into a rest area or truck stop until visibility is better. If you must drive, be sure to consider the following:
1. Slow down before you enter fog. Do not assume that the fog will thin out after you enter it.
2. Turn on all your lights. Use low-beam headlights and fog lights for best visibility even in daytime.
3. Turn on your 4-way flashers to give vehicles approaching from behind more time to notice your vehicle.
4. Obey all fog-related warning signs.
5. Listen for traffic you cannot see.
6. Avoid passing other vehicles.
7. Be alert for other drivers who may have forgotten to turn on their lights.
8. Do not stop along the side of the road, unless absolutely necessary.
9. Use roadside highway reflectors as guides to determine how the road may curve ahead of you.
10. Watch for vehicles on the side of the roadway. Seeing taillights or headlights in front of you may not be a true indication of where the road is ahead. The vehicle may not be on the road atall.
Thank You 🙂